Friday, January 24, 2014

My Studio~

My studio, art room, craft room, girly room~ This is where I sit and paint. When I'm not making a mess on the kitchen table or coffee table anyway. This is where I play loud Disney music and create. This is where my inner child is happy.


 This is my inspiration wall. It changes it all the time. I fill it with whatever is speaking to me at the moment. Right now I have several of my own prints up, along with work by the lovely Katie Daisy, Anna Victoria Calderon, and Ello Lovey.
Some of my favorite artists :)

I love any sort of cutesy containers, and anything owl, or bird, or animal for that matter. It's a problem.

 I made this foxy snow-globe in 2012, I think.  The tree is falling over, but I still love it. Maybe I will do a 'How To' on making snow-globes sometime?
 
 Right above my desk I have another inspiration board, because you can't have too much art. I mainly hang little business cards and post cards here. It's fun to look at.

And of course this room would not be complete without a chalk board. I mean, I do have Pinterest. I don't change it up too much, because I am lazy, and well, not so great at chalk art. 

I adore this painting by Oana Befort so much.  She is an amazing artist I found via instagram. If you haven't looked at her work, go do yourself a favor. Now. Go, go.

Piles and piles of original paintings, doodles, mess ups, and ideas just hanging out. This is only part of it. I find it helpful to go through these from time to time. It helps me re-discover what really speaks to me~ little forest animals, trees, bright landscapes, and starry skies. 

What speaks to you?


2 comments:

  1. Wow, your studio is such an inspiration! I love your inspiration wall, that is so cool. It makes me want to put some more work into decorating my studio!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather! I was just looking at your blog and I'm hooked! That's so cool you are illustrating a childrens book this yeah :)

      Delete